This policy clarifies our position on comments made on our news blog posts.
- You may comment without registering. We do not require registration.
- You may post anonymously. We believe a civil, intellectual debate calls for all sides to own their words. But if you wish, you may post anonymously.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is our blog. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not on SR. Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, are libellous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, spammy, irrelevant, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate our sense of decorum and civility or any law.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and SR expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on SR, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant SR the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.