For videos, photos, and various other media pieces, please click media/downloads.
SR Facebook Page – Like our Facebook page.
SR Twitter Feed – Follow @SpeakofResearch on Twitter
SR LinkedIn Profile – Follow us on LinkedIn
Twitter accounts are in brackets
US and Canadian Organisations:
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) – Non-profit which promotes animal welfare by certification of animal lab technicians and veterinary staff. (@AALASFoundation)
- American Physiological Society (APS) – A US non-profit devoted to fostering education and research in the physiological sciences. Also check their toolkit for scientists. (@SciPolAPS)
- Americans for Medical Progress (AMP) – Provides support for those involved in animal-based research, and public information on the issue. (@CureDisease)
- Canadians for Health Research – Canadians for Health Research is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1976 to promote an appreciation of health research issues, scientific processes and their impact. Their website covers many examples of the importance of animal research.
- Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) – National organization responsible for settings, maintaining and overseeing standards of animal ethics and science throughout Canada.
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) – The largest coalition of biomedical researchers in the USA, representing 23 scientific societies and over 100,000 researchers from around the world.(@FASEBopa)
- Foundation for Biomedical Research (FBR) – US NGO supporting animal research. (@researchsaves)
- Kids 4 Research – Website aimed at children and teachers of K6-K12.
- The Lasker Foundation – Since 1946 the Lasker foundation has awarded annual prizes to scientists who have made outstanding contributions to medicine.
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN) – The largest neuroscience society in the world, this website discusses many examples of how animal research has contributed to the understanding of the brain and nervous system and the development of new therapies. (@SfNtweets)
- States United for Biomedical Research (SUBR) – A US network of non-profit associations that promote health through education. Click here to find the organization in your state. (@statesforbiomed)
- National Centre for the Refinement, Replacement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs) – A UK organisation funded by the government with a responsibility to research and distribute good practice on the 3Rs (@NC3Rs)
- Pro-Test – A UK-based student-run organisation supporting animal research (no longer active)
- Understanding Animal Research (UAR) – Leading British NGO supporting animal testing, merger of CMP and RDS. Fantastic resources. Check out it’s news blog. (@animalresearch).
- Lab Animal Tour – A 3D virtual tour of four British research facilities, including videos and information.
European Organisations: (excluding UK)
- Basel Declaration – Organisation which collects support from individuals and organisations to support transparency in animal research (@BaselDec)
- Federation of Laboratory Animal Science Associations (FELASA) – Non-profit which promotes animal welfare in Europe
- Gircor – A French organization which explains the role of animals in medical research (@recherche_anima)
- Pro-Test Italia – An Italian organization established in 2012 to support animal research.
- Pro-Test Deutschland – German organization founded in 2015 to support animal Research
- Research4Life – An Italian organisation set up in 2015 to advocates for animal research in Italy.
- Stichting Informatie Dierproeven (SID) – Dutch organisation providing information about animal research in the Nethelands (@SID_Dierproeven)
International Websites and Organisations:
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC) – Non-profit which promotes the humane treatment of animals in science by offering accreditation and assessment of research institutions worldwide. (@AAALAC)
- Animal Research Info – One of the most comprehensive websites for information on the contribution of animal research.
- Animal Rights Extremism Info – UAR run this website that reports on documented cases of extremism.
- BrainFacts.org – A public information initiative founded by leading global nonprofit organizations working to advance brain research, which seeks to share what neuroscientists know, explore what they don’t yet know fully, and discuss how today’s research advances understanding. (@Brain_Facts_Org)
- Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) – a peer reviewed, free access, online journal devoted to the publication of biological research, including animal research, in a video format. (@JoVEJournal)
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine – Lists many of the most important discoveries made through animal research since 1901