May 1, 2022
In our third year enduring the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance of World Immunization Week, celebrated each year during the last week of April, is as clear as ever. Last year, we wrote about a series of topics for #WorldImmunizationWeek, which we’re re-posting this year because the same issues persist:
- Vaccines Work: Vaccines have played a key role in reducing hospitalizations and death following infection with COVID-19. See how #AnimalResearch shaped our timely response to the COVID-19 pandemic here.
- Vaccinations, How They Work, and Why: Your primer on vaccines, including herd immunity and vaccine production, is here.
- Everything You Need to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines: Originally posted in April 2021, we updated this post in August 2021 to include up-to-date data and information on the types of vaccines available, as well as their safety and efficacy. Read more here.
- Do Vaccines Cause Autism? Spoiler Alert: NO! Read the details in our post here, and about the fallout that followed this scam here.
- Anti-vaxxers, Vaccine Hesitancy, and Vaccine Equity Issues Still Persist: Read why these pernicious issues tend to stick around here.
- Undoing Vaccine Hesitancy and Anti-vaxxer Mis-(and Dis-) information: Read how to combat mis/disinformation campaigns here.
Protect yourself and others – stay up-to-date with all your vaccines – and recognize the critical role of #animalresearch and #science in keeping all of us safe.
Speaking of Research