After a hugely successful 2012, Speaking of Research is setting its sights ever higher. Since it’s inception in 2008, Speaking of Research has grown into the largest trafficked website explaining the important role of animals in medical research (last year alone our traffic more than doubled). Indeed WordPress informs me that we get over five times more visits than Liechtenstein.
Now we need your help – we need more people to get involved in writing for us – this can be through guest posts or by joining the committee and writing from within. Articles are generally 400 – 1200 words in length and can be . We need help writing about:
- Animal research news – explaining some of the latest breakthroughs in research e.g. The role of animals in stem cell treatments for the heart
- Your research – why animal models are important to your research e.g. Prof. Jentsch talking about his research into addiction
- Outreach – How are you, or your institution helping to engage the public on this issue e.g. Michael Brunt discussing the University of Guelph’s animal research outreach program
- Debunking bad science – by explaining the flaw in animal rights arguments e.g. Why Adverse Drug Reactions are not an argument against animal research
- Moral Issues – looking at some of the moral issues surrounding research e.g. The question of graded moral status
- Animal Rights Extremism – we try and cover some of the bigger events in the world of animal rights extremism and some of the more unsavoury characters e.g. Steve Best and Camille Marino
So what are you waiting for, tear yourself away from your research paper and offer to spend an 30 minutes this year writing something in defence of lifesaving animal research.
Contact us via “firstname.lastname@example.org”